Over time I will be adding things I’ve been offering my patients for self-help or empowerment purposes.
- A Samurai Physician’s Teachings
- Doctoring in the Here and Now
- Absolute Risk
- Controlling Physician Behavior: From Socialized Medicine to Social Marketing
- Sharing Territory
- A Country Doctor’s Unlived Life
- A Minute of My Time
- The Art of Prognosis
- Touching the Mezuzah
- The Secret Of Life
- A Country Doctor Watches Marcus Welby, M.D.
- Blood – The Doctor Giveth and the Doctor Taketh: Myths, Beliefs and Evidence
- Rural Medicine – Not Just Runny Noses
- Journey’s End
- QS, Ad Lib and PRN
- Art, Science and Charity in Medicine
- The Art of the Referral Letter
- When To Take Medication
- Negative Expectations
- Cell Phones Welcome
Most Read This Week
contact @ acountrydoctorwrites.com
- Want Shorter Wait Times at Doctor’s Office? Go to Alaska!A lot has been written about the frustration of waiting for a doctor who is running late. Here are some recent statistics… via Want Shorter Wait Times at Doctor’s Office? Go to Alaska!.
- Are Surgeons More Handsome Than Internists?It has been statistically proven that surgeons are taller and more handsome than Internists and Family Physicians. I didn’t come across the evidence until now: via Phenotypic differences between male physicians, surgeons, and film stars: comparative study | BMJ.
- Samuel Shem, 34 Years After “The House of God”Samuel Shem wrote under a pseudonym about the cruelty in medical training. This is what he wrote recently, in The Atlantic, about computers in the exam room: “One of the worries in how the new generation of doctors practice medicine is their use of computers. If you have a laptop or smart phone between you [...]
- Consider Caring for CaregiversSpousal caregivers have a 63% higher mortality rate than age-matched controls. Do we (read: I) always stop and consider that when we see patients with dementia, cancer or other debilitating illnesses? Did I reflect on that with my own parents? My mother died a year and a half after my father… via: HEALTHCARE AS THOUGH PEOPLE [...]
© A Country Doctor Writes 2008-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given.